Mascara Wands

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Say what? Yep. Mascara wands are effective tools to clean out the squeeze bottle tips. I just discovered that. I had a bottle brush that was perfect for the bottles themselves; but the tips? No go. Until I remembered my bag of disposable mascara wands.

They're also effective tools in wound debridement on a dog. Max had a nasty sore that needed to be cleaned everyday and this was the only thing he'd let me use. He actually enjoyed the process with the soft wand rather than the gauze pads. (I haven't had to use one for that on myself, yet.)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I5GGJ3S/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Say what? Yep. Mascara wands are effective tools to clean out the squeeze bottle tips. I just discovered that. I had a bottle brush that was perfect for the bottles themselves; but the tips? No go. Until I remembered my bag of disposable mascara wands.

They're also effective tools in wound debridement on a dog. Max had a nasty sore that needed to be cleaned everyday and this was the only thing he'd let me use. He actually enjoyed the process with the soft wand rather than the gauze pads. (I haven't had to use one for that on myself, yet.)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I5GGJ3S/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
Geez this is such a great hack, thanks for posting! I'll bet they're great for decorator icing tips, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez this is such a great hack, thanks for posting! I'll bet they're great for decorator icing tips, too.

I didn't think of that! (Probably because I don't use them very often.) I'll bet we can come up with a bazillion uses for these little things. Glad to help! (They're very reasonably priced and you can reuse them if you don't use them on the body.)

Back