Some good news for a change

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuneP

Reaction score
Latest xrays show my fractured, put together with metal, leg is healing well and as of two days ago I can put 25% of my body weight on my healing leg. After two week I can up that to 50% and two weeks after that I can put 100% of my weight on it and can drive again! This amounts to being 2 weeks less healing time than I was originally given, so I'm thrilled.

He says the nerve damage pain in two spots on the inner calf, and the inflamed hamstring will ease. The problem is common after such an injury and surgery. So that was more good news!

Now I have to dig in and religiously do the new and old sets of physical therapy exercises, which are taking up a huge amount of my active day time.

Good news to hear! You need to work up some kind of reward system for yourself. Like...everytime you do an exercise, put a penny in a jar. That penny represents $1 you can spend on fragrance oils!

My (non-soap) treat to myself is a new book. I love to read but I usually confine myself to the library or used bookstore. But when I set a goal of some type, I reward myself with a brand-new guilt free book.

thumbsup.gif
It's good to hear the news. Keep on keeping on with the PT. It really does help the bone heal.

That is great news, June! Two weeks less healing time is a huuuge deal, I know that for a fact!

I suspect this may also be because you have been a really good patient, and been folowing the doctors advice to a T.
So happy for you : D

Wow June, that's great. I can hear the soap Gods calling! One step closer to making soap!! Seriously though, its great news.

Good news to hear! You need to work up some kind of reward system for yourself. Like...everytime you do an exercise, put a penny in a jar. That penny represents $1 you can spend on fragrance oils!

My (non-soap) treat to myself is a new book. I love to read but I usually confine myself to the library or used bookstore. But when I set a goal of some type, I reward myself with a brand-new guilt free book.

Love that idea! I have been treating myself since I'm pretty immobile, but I've bought a couple of new cookbooks this week instead of soaping books. Now when I get home, I'll have to give some away to make room for the new ones! LOL

Glad to hear you are on the mend. SOAP!!! :)

i won't be able to soap until I can walk and that is at least a month away. right now I can't stand for too long because the foot on the healing leg swells badly. But once i'm healed and get my house and garden back in shape I will be soaping. I'll have a couple of these soap challenges I missed and will miss to try. I've given the majoirty of my soaps away, so I will have to soap as soon as my body permits and my house is clean and my garden weeded.

Back