Dr Seuss scented soap...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacyspy

Reaction score
I'll try to make this as concise as I can, but forgive me if it's a bit of a read!
I've been put in charge of a revitalization project of our City Park...which is about 50'x75'....little bitty...lol... One of the things I'm working on is a "Book Nook", where kids can come read, or borrow books. Since we're keeping with a red, white and blue (ish) theme, it seemed a natural that the book nook be Dr Seuss themed.
So, I've decided to do Dr Seuss themed soaps, and donate all the profit to the Park for this particular part of the project. I want to do a red, white, and blue (Cat in Hat), orange, white, and yellow(the Lorax), and pastels and white ( Oh, the Places You'll Go)...but what scents do I use? Apparently, my brain has decided it's full...lol..and I can't think anymore. I'm trying to stay away from discoloring FOs, but I don't know if I can.
Thanks all!!!!

Brambleberry Water White FOs
https://brambleberry.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200512240-Water-White-Fragrances-

Are the soaps for sale? I think you want to strike a note between scent kids will like (b/c Dr Seuss) and scents adults will like (b/c $). Which is pretty unhelpful. I think I'd probably lean heavily towards fruits? Tennessee Candle has a Nehi Grape Soda and a Fruit Loop FO that get a lot of good reviews here.

For the Cat in the Hat, I would use Cinnamon Candies (WSP), it is Vanilla free. And it smells exactly like Red Hots. Or Black Cherry (WSP).

For the Lorax, I would probably use Lemongrass EO.

For the Oh, the Places You'll Go, I would probably use Green Apple (WSP).

All of the above are gender neutral, and should appeal to both kids and adults.

I like fruity scents or "grass" ones like everyone has suggested. You need to expand though:

Hop on Pop : masculine
How the Grinch stole Christmas: Peppermint
Happy Birthday to You: Cake
The Sneetches: Perfume or Ocean
Daisy-Head Mayzie: Daisy (of course)
You're Only Old Once: Lavender
Mr Brown can Moo: Chocolate
There's a Wocket in my Pocket: Laundry

WHAT? No "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" (ocean fragrance) or "Green Eggs and Ham" (bacon fragrance)? :shock: And you call yourself a Dr. Seuss fan. :(

I know, I know...lol...but I had to draw the line somewhere...my personal favorites aren't in here either :(
I just thought I'd use some easily recognizable ones.

I wanted to use about 12...lol...but I'm not sure how many people would actually want to buy Dr Seuss soap, even if it is for a good cause!

I like fruity scents or "grass" ones like everyone has suggested. You need to expand though:

Hop on Pop : masculine
How the Grinch stole Christmas: Peppermint
Happy Birthday to You: Cake
The Sneetches: Perfume or Ocean
Daisy-Head Mayzie: Daisy (of course)
You're Only Old Once: Lavender
Mr Brown can Moo: Chocolate
There's a Wocket in my Pocket: Laundry

This has nothing to do with your issue, I just wanted to share my favorite pun.

1/5, 2/5, 1/5, 1/5.

The first time I saw this, I bellowed. Everyone at work wanted to know what was so doggone funny. What made it even funnier was, I saw it on a Facebook post and so many people posted, "I don't get it!" A friend of mine has a slight lisp (that I never noticed until she pointed it out 15 years after I met her). I forwarded it to her with the title: "Autumn readth Dr Thueth."

ETA: I will buy your Dr Thueth thoap and donate to your cause!!

I read it, and immediately thought of this...lol...
And thank you :)

This has nothing to do with your issue, I just wanted to share my favorite pun.

1/5, 2/5, 1/5, 1/5.

The first time I saw this, I bellowed. Everyone at work wanted to know what was so doggone funny. What made it even funnier was, I saw it on a Facebook post and so many people posted, "I don't get it!" A friend of mine has a slight lisp (that I never noticed until she pointed it out 15 years after I met her). I forwarded it to her with the title: "Autumn readth Dr Thueth."

ETA: I will buy your Dr Thueth thoap and donate to your cause!!

1ef1c2f276d0c23c993afd82c61c4d3a.jpg

You are welcome. I am an avid reader and supporter of all things related to reading. You don't actually have to send me the soap. Just PM me the info where I can make a donation to the "Book Nook." I firmly believe the sooner kids start reading, the better their language skills are and they're better able to cope with peer pressure and other life stresses. Reading is an acceptable form of escapism and "self medication," unlike gang banging, bullying and drugs.

You are welcome. I am an avid reader and supporter of all things related to reading. You don't actually have to send me the soap. Just PM me the info where I can make a donation to the "Book Nook." I firmly believe the sooner kids start reading, the better their language skills are and they're better able to cope with peer pressure and other life stresses. Reading is an acceptable form of escapism and "self medication," unlike gang banging, bullying and drugs.

^This. All of this.

Please let us know where to donate. You don't have to send me soap, either. I just want to donate.

Oh, the generosity of my fellow soapers! You overwhelm me!
I will be feverishly soaping all weekend, so that by the first of Aug,. they'll be good to go!

I attached a picture of the inspiration for our "Nook". It'll be red, white and sky blue, with a lovely Dr Seuss mural on the front.

ETA- I apologize. I did not see the rule about soliciting donations....sorry :)

fc2f0d2e875f497cdaf98a0b0975d172.jpg

Last edited:
What a wonderful thing you are doing. I still have all my Dr. Seuss books from when I was a child. I too would like to donate. There are some areas where I live where they have done something similar. I love to read and it's so important to start children when they are young.

We'll have books for every age group, all the way up to adults. Our community has a group of older folks that aren't able to get to town easily, so we'll have books for them too... and yes, we'd gladly accept used books! I'd like to concentrate on kids' books, and give them as many choices as I can.

Is there any certain age group, or set of books you're looking for? Would you take used books?

I'll try to make this as concise as I can, but forgive me if it's a bit of a read!
I've been put in charge of a revitalization project of our City Park...which is about 50'x75'....little bitty...lol... One of the things I'm working on is a "Book Nook", where kids can come read, or borrow books. Since we're keeping with a red, white and blue (ish) theme, it seemed a natural that the book nook be Dr Seuss themed.
So, I've decided to do Dr Seuss themed soaps, and donate all the profit to the Park for this particular part of the project. I want to do a red, white, and blue (Cat in Hat), orange, white, and yellow(the Lorax), and pastels and white ( Oh, the Places You'll Go)...but what scents do I use? Apparently, my brain has decided it's full...lol..and I can't think anymore. I'm trying to stay away from discoloring FOs, but I don't know if I can.
Thanks all!!!!

So, are your soaps going to have those Dr Seuss names on them?

We'll have books for every age group, all the way up to adults. Our community has a group of older folks that aren't able to get to town easily, so we'll have books for them too... and yes, we'd gladly accept used books! I'd like to concentrate on kids' books, and give them as many choices as I can.

I've got the address; you're gonna need a bigger nook.

Any need for books in Spanish or other language?

Last edited:
Oh goodness...lol...Thank you. And the kids do learn some Spanish, so some of the kids may want to read in Spanish, but I'm not sure.

I've got the address; you're gonna need a bigger nook.

Any need for books in Spanish or other language?

Back