Has anybody used these for bath bombs?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't used those, but I tried out WSP stained glass colorants that look pretty similar. I really disliked them for bombs. I got premature fizzing and had to use so much more to get a decent color. Since they weren't oil soluble, they looked splotchy in the mix, and it was hard to judge how much was too much to avoid staining my tub.

I've also tried out various suppliers' powdered colorants, but I like liquid colorants much better since it's easier to tell/adjust the amount when the mix is wet.

I went back to BB LaBomb colorants... they are pricey but seem worth the money to me. I never have to worry about staining, a little goes a long way, and I've never had premature fizzing.

I would be really interested though if folks had good experiences with the ones you posted. :)

I am back to report! I used the in some bath melts that I made today. They did fizz a bit when the were added to the batter, but they mixed in evenly and the melts still fizz nicely. They turned the water a nice light pink. So overall I'm pretty impressed.

Pictures ahead! (The colors aren't super great, but the melts and water are both light pink.)

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

I am back to report! I used the in some bath melts that I made today. They did fizz a bit when the were added to the batter, but they mixed in evenly and the melts still fizz nicely. They turned the water a nice light pink. So overall I'm pretty impressed.

Pictures ahead! (The colors aren't super great, but the melts and water are both light pink.)

Is that an ice cream scoop you used??

Back