Wrinkle in freezer paper with CP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodym

Reaction score
I use freezer paper to line a hard plastic (utensile trays) mold. I put the shiny side up as it lays better. I dont bring the paper up over the mold. I cut it to fit. This works great for me except i end up with a couple good creases in the finished soap from the paper. There are no creases before i pour and let donits thing over night.. What would cause this? And what can i do to prevent this? Im wondweing if i dare not use paper liners and set in the freezer b/4 unmolding? Any input!!? Appreciate it!

Try a good cling wrap and go over the top of the mold. I have had good luck with press 'n seal type stuff.

The wrinkles could very well be caused by heating and cooling. Even cold process generates heat during the exothermic reaction between the lye and oils.

I use freezer paper with some of my wood molds and put a bit over the top and staple it in place. I know you can't do that with the hard plastic trays though. Maybe tape it to the top?

Are you using the blue plastic trays from Dollar Tree? If so, they do not require lining. Just pull each side loose from the loaf, then flip them upside down and press firmly in the center with the heel of your hand to pop the loaf out.

Maybe the paper slides down when you pour the batter? Try bringing it up over the mold and secure it with tape.

If the plastic is flexible like a Tupperware container you don't need to line it. Just do what Susie described.

Last edited:
So if i have problems getting it to pop out can i put it in the freezer for a while? I have with milled soap but never CP. thank you for your suggestions!

Latest posts

Back