new mould. oil amount check

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dillsandwitch

Reaction score
Hi All,

I built a new log mould today and I just want to make sure im doing the math right for the amount of oils needed to fill it.

It is 620mm long, 90mm wide and 95mm high. So I went in cm for the math bit.
62x9x9.5 x.4 = 2120.4

So if my math there is correct it should hold 2120gms of oil right? and thats the amount that I put into the soap calc weight of oils part?

TIA :D
Dill

How did you get that number? When I do the numbers I end up with 3710.
62x9x9.5 = 5301 x .7 = 3710.7.

i know my mathing abilities can suck sometimes but now I'm just confused :(

Dill - far as I know your math is right because I believe you do the following

Your mold is 620 x 90 x 95
You find your volume first
Which means 62 x 9 x 9.5
Which equals 5301
Now you find your amount of oils
5301 x .7 = 3710.7
So you need 3710.7 g of oils for that mold.

That's the formula that 1) finds the volume of the mold, then 2) finds the amount of oils needed.

If I'm wrong TEG, please correct me as I would like to be clear on how to use the metrics as well as the US numbers

Thanks Gigi. I would still like TEG to chime in on how he got his number though. And thanks for the Metric numbers. I looked in the How to figure how much oil for mould sticky but I must admit I didn't look past the first page of it. Maybe the metric thing could be added to the first post by a mod?
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=2909

Thanks Gigi. I would still like TEG to chime in on how he got his number though. And thanks for the Metric numbers. I looked in the How to figure how much oil for mould sticky but I must admit I didn't look past the first page of it. Maybe the metric thing could be added to the first post by a mod?
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=2909

Dill - me too. I want to be sure I have it right also.

Back