Soap gods Had Fun With Me

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commoncenz

Reaction score
Tried a new scent (Lavender-Eucalyptus) in a mechanic's soap. I hated the scent and it accelerated and caused ricing. Had to move fast to get the original colors Klein Blue, Black Pearl and Gray in the batter and in the mold. Ended up forgetting the pumice trying to get it all in ... So, I put the pumice in and stirred it all up ... creating a big black blob (So I thought).

Looked at it today and the blob was blue (what happened to the black) ... cut it and ... nice faint gray swirls on a blue background (really, what happened to the black?).

The soap gods have an interesting sense of humor and definitely had fun with me yesterday and today. So, I'm gonna name a soap for the first time .. calling this "Blue Jeans N Grease".

11112318_10203116644236218_473128450572964291_o.jpg

11539027_10203116648516325_8707632319571466594_o.jpg

11717331_10203116650396372_7788438878231973974_o.jpg

11731955_10203116646036263_46759866236366240_o.jpg

Thank you all for your compliments. Funny thing is that two months ago, I would have definitely panicked when I saw the speed with which the batter accelerated ... throw in the ricing and I'd have been done for. However, reading and learning from the experiences of y'all on this board helped me to just "carry on" and wait for the surprise at the end.

That came out very nicely! I like that color blue!
I ended up with a white base with a lavender and green ITP swirl for that scent.

That came out very nicely! I like that color blue!
I ended up with a white base with a lavender and green ITP swirl for that scent.

The Klein Blue itself was much darker ... I'm wondering if maybe the blue "ate" the black and the resultant color was this denimy blue. I'll have to experiment to see if I can get that color either using the blue itself or by mixing the blue and black micas. Still perplexed about what happened to the black .. lol

I've accidentally made a similar color...lol...I have that Country Bliss scent, and wanted a sort of denim blue and a misty purple, so I added a bit of black oxide to the micas. The purple turned out exactly as I imagined, but the blue was still blue, no black at all. I just assumed it was the blue was more concentrated and I should've used more.

The Klein Blue itself was much darker ... I'm wondering if maybe the blue "ate" the black and the resultant color was this denimy blue. I'll have to experiment to see if I can get that color either using the blue itself or by mixing the blue and black micas. Still perplexed about what happened to the black .. lol

As funny as your story is (and I can totally relate!) your soap came out amazing! What a beautiful blue plus gorgeous swirl. The joke from the soap gods is going to come along when everyone falls in love with it and want more. Then they'll be chuckling their butts off "Ya! Just try to recreate that! Hahahaha...."

Latest posts

Back