First Rainbow

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapmage

Reaction score
Seeing as rainbow soaps seem to be so popular, I decided to try one this afternoon. I don't have a nice, true red, so had to settle on an American red which is much darker, so I have NO idea how it's going to look. I did it in reverse color order so the darkest is on bottom and finished with a swirl of the remaining colored batter on top of a layer of white, and added glitter... of course! It will be a couple of days since it's in a silicone mold before I can take her out and cut to see what I have. I love the top though and have my fingers crossed. I used micas by Mad Oils, and some liquid colorants from WSP. The FO is a sunny, happy one from Nature's Garden. :D

rainbow.jpg

Wow! I love the colors swirled together like that. I've been wanting a multi color swirl in the center of the soap but I've only been brave enough to try 3 colors. I can't wait to see this cut either.

LOL, sorry, I got busy. I cut it yesterday and it turned out okay, smells wonderful, and the colors are almost what I wanted. The layers are not straight and uniform like I would have wanted, but hey, it was a first try lol. The red is a darker red since I didn't have a nice true red mica here to play with but I can live with it. My hubby has my good SLR camera so I had to take these quick pics with my phone. I'll post the pro photos after I've taken them and edited them hopefully soon. :D

IMG_20150528_145916.jpg

0528151453-1.jpg

Thank you! I think next time I'll also use less white for the top layer and thicker colored layers. That white just kills it for me.

Back