Weighed my oils wrong!,

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welsh black

Reaction score
Must have weighed my oils wrong because I had too much batter for my mould. Now I have a soap which is too soft to cut. What should I do?

Leave it for months and see what the lather will be like(mega super fatted)
Re batch?(don't know how much lye to add)
Cut for imbeds

Would appreciate and suggestions.

Also consider how much water you used. It will certainly add to volume and softness. Did you use colors? If you did, did you add them directly to the soap or did you use water or oil to disperse them? As long as your soap doesn't zap, I would keep and cure it and see what you get. It can still be used possibly.

Also consider how much water you used. It will certainly add to volume and softness. Did you use colors? If you did, did you add them directly to the soap or did you use water or oil to disperse them? As long as your soap doesn't zap, I would keep and cure it and see what you get. It can still be used possibly.
I am with Susie on this one. Let it sit and see if it hardens. If you used to much oil you are only adding to the superfat. If you used to much lye solution it could still cure out. To much water, it will evaporate out in time. I never just toss out soap until I see what happens after a few months.

I'll leave it a couple of months then. See what happens, if no lather I'll use it as imbeds. Thanks for all response.

Back