Last weeks soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorymae

Reaction score
So the first picture some will recognized is my attempt to copy Aunt Clara's gray dapple soap. The second I made for a mason. The third and fourth were not meant to be bar soap. It is whipped soap I was pipping when I was called away and didn't want it to harden and go to waste so I molded it quickly and through a hanger through it. (yes it floats! lol) Finally the last two are types of confetti soap because my scrap pile is getting way to high!

DSCF1332.jpg

brick 1.jpg

DSCF1343.jpg

DSCF1341.jpg

DSCF1345.jpg

DSCF1348.jpg

Oh gosh I love them all! I cant decide if the dapple or the clever brick one is my favie.

Really love the mason soap, it came out perfect. I'm amazed that you could swirl a whipped soap. Really nice.

Thank you for the feedback. The brick was fun to make. I was a little worried about using so much imbed and so little "new" soap, but it adhered really well and now is solid as, well, a brick.

Dorymae, how did you do the brick wall soap? That looks so cool.

First I made a loaf of the red soap and in another loaf I poured a slab for the top about 1/4 inch thick. When the soap was hard I cut it up into long strips about 3/4 inch by 3/8 inch by the length of the mold. I cut 12 strips and then trimmed them to the right dimensions, then cut two of the strips in half.

Then I laid out the first layer of bricks and mixed up the soap for the mortar. Poured in between the bricks and then laid the next level. Continued to the top, poured more "mortar" and then laid the slap on top.

Once the soap hardened I unmolded and cut then cleaned up the edges of the mortar soap that over poured the edges.

It did take a bit of time, but I am really happy with the result.

Latest posts

Back