Another Reason I use all the Same Molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was making my Avocado Soap which is not a cheap soap to make. Anyway I poured it in the mold, was thinking it accelerated a bit to fast, but it is a quick moving recipe plus part of the fragrance is an accelerator. It did not fill the mold as full as it usually does but I kinda ignored it, until I was ready to make the 2nd batch and got to thinking I had not added in my 7.5 oz of Olive oil. Checked my paper and nope not checked off. Took it out of the mold into the crock pot added in the OO and cooked. So now I have one batch of nice looking Avocado soap and one ugly one. Sorry hp'ers I am not crazy about hp soap. This may have slipped past me if I did not use all the same molds, from the same supplier.

Good save! And a great reason to know your recipes and molds. I've had a similar thing happen to me

What a bummer. I agree, all my molds are the same. I know if it's not full enough something is wrong. I too dislike HPing. The only exception is my salt bars. They have their own molds.

Ditto on the same molds...easy to spot if something isn't right.

I also prefer my CP to HP..HP just doesn't fit me well..never could get it to work for me. I'd like to try the HPOP one day, but Im in no hurry :lol:

Latest posts

Back