Nag Champa swirly

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One of my mom's friends recently requested more Nag Champa scented soap. I just ordered a bunch of FOs from FragranceBuddy and wanted to compare their version to New Directions. So far I'm liking the FB version better but time will tell.

Here's a sneak peek after cutting a slice off the end. Maybe I'll find some kind of cool creature lurking inside like lionprincess's Ewok soap. If I do more pics will be forthcoming. I'm actually more encouraged than ever to try a butterfly swirl. I felt like I was working the hanger too much but maybe not . . . I went up and down then side to side.

NagChampa_tallskinny.jpg

So Beautiful, love the purple color, and the swirls. Please post if the fragrance fades, or stays. My most recent order of Nag Champa from WSP the scent has changed, and it is much weaker. Did you by any change get any of the new MW?

So Beautiful, love the purple color, and the swirls. Please post if the fragrance fades, or stays. My most recent order of Nag Champa from WSP the scent has changed, and it is much weaker. Did you by any change get any of the new MW?

I ordered 2 of the MW fragrances from FB but haven't soaped with either yet. One is Gaia (smells like dirt) and the other is Boudoir (kinda reminds me of Lush's Potion). I'll report back when I try them and also let everyone know how this Nag Champa batch turns out after curing. I'm prepared for some discoloration but hoping it doesn't turn a weird greyish color like the ND version did.

Gorgeous swirl. Like the colors. How thick was the batter when you swirled if you don't mind me asking.

Absolutely gorgeous swirls and beautiful colours.

OliveOyl, that is disappointing about the WSP Nag Champa, it is my favorite. I have enough put by to last for a while, but I hope they fix that. It does discolor a lot, though, gets v. dark for me. Weirdly, Save on Scents has a good one, but it is expensive if you buy it in the strongest version, which I always do with their scents.

Carolyn, I didn't like BB's either.

Edited to add: Doriette, love the swirl and the colors. How did you get that nice, deep black, mine tends to fade a bit? I use activated charcoal and mix in some black mica.

Last edited:
I'm blushing over here . . . thanks everyone for the compliments on my swirly!

I would say the soap was at a medium trace by the time I got everything in the mold and started swirling with the hanger tool. The black is just activated charcoal. It actually looked more greyish when I poured so I was worried that I didn't use enough for the colors to really pop.

My lesson learned with this batch is don't be too conservative with the hanger. After watching all the butterfly swirl videos on YouTube, I just couldn't wrap my head around how the soap didn't turn out a muddy mess of colors. It seemed like everyone was really churning the batter and I was afraid to be that aggressive. After seeing the result of my 'churning', it's like a light bulb went off and now I get it!

Lovely swirls, the colours look great! I've not been brave enough to do a hanger swirl yet, it's still on my to-do list!

Lol, I looked at this days ago and I had something typed...thought I posted, but I must have gotten busy and forgot to hit send.
I really think it looks awesome:) like a Phoenix rising from the smoke!

Latest posts

Back