ss.net favorites?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Am going to order some TD from SS.net and thought I might add on some FO while I was at it. I like green/warm/water scents, it that makes sense, generally unisex scents. Don't like food scents.

I have already done a test run/order with them and like their scents generally, but didn't know if there was anything that was a no-miss (for me so far, it is their Cool Citrus Basil). Also, was wondering about the Mediterranean Olive, if anyone had tried that. This would be for CP.

Grateful for any input.

I love her Salty Air, but it does accelerate like a runaway train. I also like the Black Raspberry Vanilla does not discolor and soaps beautifully, fragrance holds will. I also like her Aloe and it is quite strong. I dislike the Bamboo and it is extremely strong, but was okay mixed with the aloe fo. Will only use her pumpkin spice, absolutely hate hate hate the leather, could not even give the blasted soaps away. I like the Spiced Ginger and Tangerine Spice. Her recipe for spiced ginger is lovely. If you try the Salty Air do not water discount, soap a slow trace recipe with low temp. I stay away from any butters in my Salty Air. It is a shame she is out of stock on the clove because it is a fantastic mixer, and a friend of mine uses the Mandarin II and loves it. The Lilac is lovely mixed with her lavender. I use her lavender at times to stretch my Lavender EO, but it does accelerate. Nice, since I hit the Camden Sale on Lavender 40/42, I love theirs, for the 5 lbs I do not have to stretch right now :razz:

Carolyn, why is it water scents accelerate so much? So frustrating. But I am going to get some of the Salty Air and let the devil take the hindmost. I also really like her BRV, Aloe, and Mandarin. Oddly, that bamboo sounds kind of interesting to me, I have the Aloe so can mix it. I like strong scents (at least after a month or two.) I have never been tempted by a food scent, but you are getting me thinking about the Spiced Ginger and Tangerine. Thank you for taking the time to reply so fully, I love you guys and this board.

Sorry, soapsupplies.net. Lillybella, you probably now this already since you have many posts, but you should join the soap scent review board even though it is a bit of a pain b/c you have to have to have a paid email membership (you probably already do). I have learned so much - and saved so much money from not buying FOs that I would have otherwise - from checking there before buying. Mods, sorry if this is against the TOS (to mention another board), is it?

Carolyn, why is it water scents accelerate so much? So frustrating. But I am going to get some of the Salty Air and let the devil take the hindmost. I also really like her BRV, Aloe, and Mandarin. Oddly, that bamboo sounds kind of interesting to me, I have the Aloe so can mix it. I like strong scents (at least after a month or two.) I have never been tempted by a food scent, but you are getting me thinking about the Spiced Ginger and Tangerine. Thank you for taking the time to reply so fully, I love you guys and this board.
Don't know the answer, but in my opinion it is well worth the trouble. Also forgot to mention that her Pink Sugar soaps well, holds scent well and only turns a tan color not dark brown. I was not impressed with the Bergamot & Lemongrass, it smell nice out of the bottle but is very mild to no fragrance in cp with a useage rate of 6%

Latest posts

Back