Who Has Weepy Lye Pockets and Two Thumbs?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpstephy85

Reaction score
This girl :( ImageUploadedBySoap Making1427674642.192243.jpg

Are you sure they are lye pocket or leaking fragrance. Let them sit for at least 72 hrs and see what happens. Carefully touch a little and see how your finger feels, lye will leave the fingers slick feeling. If it feels oily I would wet my finger and do a zap test. You do not want to get straight lye on your tongue. It really hurts...:cry: A little fyi, alkaline solution will remove finger treads...

Last edited:
I'll let them sit but it was zappy when I put a touch on my finger and then touched my tongue. It is possible that it is FO though now that you said something. It tasted like the FO. I also have oily spots through the whole loaf and the other loaf using the same FO (WSP Lilac in Bloom) had oil across each bar, not just spots here and there.

Honestly, I'd give it time. I've had leaking zappy fluid more than once. If I leave it, at least 48 hours, it has always reabsorbed. If it doesn't after 7 days, then I'd begin to worry. Give it time and reassess.

Edit: I've had leaking fo occur past a 36 hr mark. It zapped like nothing! Then it...didn't...give it time. Fo vs zappy liquid vs whatever.... give it time. That's my motto on zappy fluid with soaping!

Last edited:
I like the gray marbling. That gives me an idea, I bought a beautiful Indigo Blue mica from BB a few months ago. I was so happy about finding this deep, rich blue that I put in in my cart and did not take the time to read about the product, where it says it will turn gray in CP.:oops:
Now I think I will try that. How do you get the marble effect? I am thinking a drop-hanger swirl?

I like the gray marbling. That gives me an idea, I bought a beautiful Indigo Blue mica from BB a few months ago. I was so happy about finding this deep, rich blue that I put in in my cart and did not take the time to read about the product, where it says it will turn gray in CP.:oops:

Now I think I will try that. How do you get the marble effect? I am thinking a drop-hanger swirl?

It was an ITP swirl. Was going for a light purple by mixing indigo powder and Moroccan red clay.

Latest posts

Back