My Creamy Avocado Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handavaka

Reaction score
I made this with a citrusy scent.
Citrus Avo-Derm Ebay pic.jpg

That's just lovely. Did you use colorants to get that green or was it from the avocado? I've used pumpkin in a naked bar and gotten a nice light orange from it.

That's just lovely. Did you use colorants to get that green or was it from the avocado? I've used pumpkin in a naked bar and gotten a nice light orange from it.
Dark green avocado can lend some green, but the avocado puree does not lend green to the soap. It will at times lend a yellowish with brown undertone. My refined avocado oil from Cibaria Soap Supply looks very much like the Pure Olive Oil from Costco. I usually use a touch of green oxide or clay in avocado soap for color.

snappyllama thank you! I used chromium green oxide, but I blended in the avocado first but wasn't happy with how subtle the green was....does pumpkin hold up well to gel phase?

Sorry, I normally prevent gel so I don't know how it would do. The pumpkin color was a fairly light orange - like a pumpkin chiffon pie color almost.

Latest posts

Back