Drop swirl salt bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
These were supposed to be two tone green but the matcha tea turned brownish which actually looks really good with the green from the mugwort. They are greener irl, the lighting was bad. Scented with Anise EO

2elgfsx.jpg

2z5mb9k.jpg

You can see a couple darker spots where I didn't get the herbs completely mixed in.

I've never really had any issues swirling salt bars, especially doing a drop or in the pot swirl. This batch was only 50% salt and it was quite fluid when I poured, just thick enough the salt wouldn't sink.

Thanks, always nice to hear other people think your mistakes look good:) I find salt soap quite easy to work with, even using 100% salt I've not gotten acceleration like some people do. If anything, there are times its too thin and I can't do what I want.

I had planned this soap to be a plop and glop but it wasn't thick enough and I just wanted to get it molded so I did a drop swirl instead. Next salt soap will be with a steeper water discount and mixed warmer, see if that gives me better consistency.

Back