Grapfruit soap with carrot infused oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
This is my latest batch of soap. made with OO that was infused with homemade carrot powder. The color is from the carrot oil. I used TD in half to give a faint swirl. It ended up quite yellow which was surprising.
Scented with grapefruit FO that went poof. It has a very faint scent, so disappointing.

11s2rh1.jpg

xysz4.jpg

I ran the carrots through a juicer, mixed the juice back into the pulp and dried it in a dehydrator. I used a coffee grinder to powder up the lumps before adding the OO. I really love the color, I'm thinking a nice scent like sunflower would go well with it.

Thank you:) I did a test lather, its very slightly yellow but not enough to be a issue. Its actually kinda pretty.

These are gorgeous! Wouldn't m d looking at their colour all day long

Lovely, Obsidian! The golden yellow is a treat to the eye -- and I enjoy those delicate swirls. Nice work!

I've been surprised at how much my scents change in soap during cure. Not saying your grapefruit scent will re-emerge, but give it some time and see what happens.

Such a lovely happy colour for a soap. Fingers crossed for you that your scent returns.

Latest posts

Back