Pricey soap!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
I notice there are no reviews. Maybe that means no one is willing to cough up $100 for a 3.5 oz. bar. There is no actual list of ingredients. The only ingredient it kind of names is where it says, "Scented with an elegant, dewy fragrance born of Rose" (what?!) Under "ingredients" it instead describes the qualities of the soap. Hmmmm......I think any of our lovely, handmade soaps would fit their description. Maybe we just need a fancy French name and some beautiful, but environmentally unfriendly packaging, and a big, fat price tag! lol
http://www.cledepeaubeaute.com/synactif-soap/0729238113770.html

Last edited:
I think I have found the ingredient list:

LE DE PEAU SYNACTIF SOAP (SAVON) DETAILS
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: Extra gentle soap effectively cleanses away impurities and even makeup to reveal skin with renewed clarity while conditioning skin to maximize ingredient penetration of the following skincare regimens. (Source: SaksFifthAvenue.com)
CLE DE PEAU SYNACTIF SOAP (SAVON) INGREDIENTS: Water, Sucrose, Glycerin, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Methyltaurate, Sodium Laurate, PEG/PPG-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, Myristic Acid, Potassium Myristate, Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine, PEG-10 Methyl Ether Dimethicone, Sodium Stearate, Carboxydecyl Trisiloxane, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Potassium Laurate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Lauryl Glycol Carboxylate, Caprylyl Methicone, Sodium Palmitate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Serine, Stearic Acid, Potassium Stearate, Palmitic Acid, Potassium Palmitate, Sodium Metaphosphate, Trisodium EDTA, BHT, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Fragrance, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. (Source: Cle de Peau product packaging)
SERINE: “Serine is an α-amino acid that is common in many proteins, sometimes in substantial concentrations in the outer regions of soluble proteins due to its hydrophilic (dissolves readily in water) nature.” – Source: New World Encyclopedia Website.
“Serine is a constituent of phospholipids, which help seal in moisture, so it is also often included as a natural moisturizing agent in many cosmetics and skin care preparations.” – Source: VitaminStuff.com

Here is the direct link if wanted: http://cosmeticmonster.com/2012/05/...-soap-savon-review-dupes-and-ingredient-list/

Now I'm wondering if it is just melt and pour with some fancy serum stuff added, and the rose one may have rose absolute - I hope at that price.

Thanks, mel z, for that list! Wow, it's worse than I thought. (Sorry, Cle de Peau.) This is a really good example of what people perceive as "luxury".......French name, fancy packaging, and there's nothing wrong with that, if the ingredients live up to the hype. It reminds me of how often, when we buy products, we buy the brand, the back story, the packaging, while the ingredients are only mediocre at best. Well, you may be able to fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but.........you can't fool a soapmaker, when it comes to what makes good soap!

Huh. If I give my soap a fancy name and can get a boutique in Hollywood to carry it... maybe I can quit my day job!

I think you all are missing the point. It works on "optimizing skin’s texture and receptiveness to subsequent Synactif products". If you don't use that soap then you're really cheating yourself out of their other products' effectiveness. Think of the synergies.

Geez people, get with the picture.

;)

Ah that brand again! Their under eye concealer is the thing they are really known for...but even that is cheaper than their soap lol. Ironically there is a whole market of consumers who would only buy something if they know it is expensive BUT times are changing!

a report I read somewhere recently said cosmetics had seen the biggest decrease in profits since 2008 in 2014...and 2015 looks to be much the same, why spend so much, when a cheaper and much better alternative is available?

I think I have found the ingredient list:

LE DE PEAU SYNACTIF SOAP (SAVON) DETAILS
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: Extra gentle soap effectively cleanses away impurities and even makeup to reveal skin with renewed clarity while conditioning skin to maximize ingredient penetration of the following skincare regimens. (Source: SaksFifthAvenue.com)
CLE DE PEAU SYNACTIF SOAP (SAVON) INGREDIENTS: Water, Sucrose, Glycerin, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Methyltaurate, Sodium Laurate, PEG/PPG-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, Myristic Acid, Potassium Myristate, Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine, PEG-10 Methyl Ether Dimethicone, Sodium Stearate, Carboxydecyl Trisiloxane, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Potassium Laurate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Lauryl Glycol Carboxylate, Caprylyl Methicone, Sodium Palmitate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Serine, Stearic Acid, Potassium Stearate, Palmitic Acid, Potassium Palmitate, Sodium Metaphosphate, Trisodium EDTA, BHT, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Fragrance, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. (Source: Cle de Peau product packaging)
SERINE: “Serine is an α-amino acid that is common in many proteins, sometimes in substantial concentrations in the outer regions of soluble proteins due to its hydrophilic (dissolves readily in water) nature.” – Source: New World Encyclopedia Website.
“Serine is a constituent of phospholipids, which help seal in moisture, so it is also often included as a natural moisturizing agent in many cosmetics and skin care preparations.” – Source: VitaminStuff.com

Here is the direct link if wanted: http://cosmeticmonster.com/2012/05/...-soap-savon-review-dupes-and-ingredient-list/

TL;DR :lolno:

However, the website has excellent copy.

Oh boy that's expensive maybe made of myrrh, frankincense and gold. Good for the king.

I think you all are missing the point. It works on "optimizing skin’s texture and receptiveness to subsequent Synactif products". If you don't use that soap then you're really cheating yourself out of their other products' effectiveness. Think of the synergies.

Geez people, get with the picture.

;)

My bad, how could I forget about the synergies....duh!

Wow.....just..wow.

If you think thats bad, check these beauties out

http://glamroz.com/most-expensive-soap-in-the-world-is-made-in-lebanon/

Ahh.....the gold and diamond dust have a "spiritual" effect on the user. Now why didn't we think of that! lol

Back