Can I use Grated cocoa butter on top of soap loaf

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishgem29

Reaction score
Hi, I am wanting to make a coffe latte soap with a chocolate scent but without FO's. Do you think if I added grated cocoa butter shavings on top after molding this would work?

I wouldn't suggest that. It would be an oily mess to shower with. However, if you use unrefined cocoa butter in the recipe (10% ish), I find that it does carry over a bit of the scent

I agree, it would be a waste and really messy to use on top. If you aren't using FO,how do you plan on getting coffee scent? Using coffee/grinds in soap won't make it smell like coffee. Unfortunately, to get a proper coffee and chocolate scent, FO is the only way.

Bummer, I guess I will just scent the top milky layer with vanilla eo and maybe dust some cocoa powder for looks. Who knows I may try a very thin pencil line of it if I get the courage. Thank you for your reply's.

Well I'm just batting zero! Thank you for the video. I actually love the color of the soap so I think it will look nice with the darker coffee color on bottom. I am excited to try this even if I can't get the coffee or chocolate scent.

Latest posts

Back