how big is a bar of soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecraftymouldco

Reaction score
Hello,
can anyone tell me the size of a bar of soap in volume (ie mls) instead of ounces or can somebody tell me if for example 4oz of soap is the same volume as 4oz of water?
I make craft moulds mainly for cake decorating that are used for soap but following a few inquiries from soap makers have decided we should make some specific moulds but need some idea of what soapmakers want.
First on our list is a round bar with a hemp leaf motif but were considering floral motifs too....any other ideas gratefully received
Louise :)

My 5oz soap mold does hold 5 oz of water with a small amount of head room left over necessary for unmolding, so I would say you can sub water to test the volume of a mold. Do make sure if it is a 4oz mold that the mold actually holds about 4.2 or 4.3 ounces, so it will actually make a 4oz mold when filled correctly.

For mold designs, I'm partial to the classic designs like fleur de lis, Victorian scrolled hearts, as well as the Celtic designs.

Good luck to you.

I think a mold that had border designs but was left blank in the middle (for stamping) would be popular. Also a mold where the border design was on the side instead of on the face.

Last edited:
Back