HP milk soap lighter color if frozen after unmolding?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeAnna

Reaction score
A brief quote from a Facebook soaping group:

"...Someone on a homesteading group said their HP milk soaps were lighter in color if you stuck them in the freezer after you removed them from the mold. ...For HP it stops the shrunken head syndrome when the soap sinks in the middle...."

Okay, HP-ers -- any truth to this or is it hype?

Regarding "shrunken head" syndrome -- I suppose if a person kept the soap frozen it would prevent SHS, but if you only freeze it, say, overnight or something -- why would that help? :think: Obviously I'm missing something! :)

I read over on The Dish about crystals aligning themselves or somesuch. It does work, I do it all the time when I make HP swirl batches, and I never get shrinkage or distortion. The thread there isn't one I choose to revisit, the nasties came out enforce on it.

Fair enough! Thanks for the feedback, Ann. I'll have to try it and see for myself. :)

edit: Found the thread on the Dish, but haven't got through it all. I gather the freezing idea comes from Byrdi Jean?

Last edited:
Yes it does. And despite the magpies there, it does work. I won the Saponifier design swirl contest using that method. I've replicated it many times. But hey, they're the self appointed experts and have every right in the world to act like total jackasses about it.....sorry, I really don't like the tone over there. And it's well known, I'm hardly the only one who feels that way.

The Dish does have a different culture than SMF. :eek: I lurk there mostly, unless I have a factual point to make, and even then I often hesitate....

Congrats on winning the contest! That's a lovely feather in your cap!!!!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Back