EO has crystals in jar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought my first eo's from bb. They were half frozen when they arrived, and the cedarwood has crystallization on the bottom and sides of the jar. Being so uneducated as to eo's, I'm assuming this isn't normal for eo's to have crystals, and it's from freezing? Or is this normal? What's going on here, and forgive my eo ignorance, I am trying to branch out here and know nothing right now about them!!

Cedarwood (and several other more resinous essential oils and resins) crystalize. Nothing to worry about. You can put in a water bath or warm it up with your hands.

I've had that happen too when I ordered in the middle of the freezing winter. I just let it sit at room temp, swirled it around a bit every now and then, and the crystals disappeared. This took about a week. I wasn't in a hurry to use it though so if you are, try the warm water bath.

I have some Pink Sugar with quite a bit of crystallization. Can I put it in the microwave?

Latest posts

Back