Piña colada anyone?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya-m

Reaction score
Piña colada anyone? Cut pics added

Here's my piña colada scented soap. Coloured with 2 strengths of annetto infusion and TD with a sprinkle of coconut on top

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1424817884.300373.jpg

Last edited:
Yum! I bet that smells amazing! Love the color and the addition of coconut!

Thanks everyone. I'm itching to cut to see how it looks inside but it's still too soft - not sure why cos its a recipe I've used before that was ready after 24hrs. The only addition was some sugar

They turned out lovely!!! I fancy giving that technique a go as there are quite a few soaps on Pinterest that I have seen recently with that beautiful design. How thick did you pour your batter?

Thanks!

Probably a little thicker than I would have liked. I got it to thin trace but whilst faffing about getting everything in the right place it was getting a bit custard like. I guess it needs to be thick enough to keep the colours separate but not so thick you can't actually pour. I was glopping when it came to the top

Very pretty! The inside reminds me of the texture on the outside of a pineapple. Love it!

I thought it might be a bit of a balancing act batter wise. You did a great job with not getting anything mixing together though.

lol When my dad says "the piña colada song," he means that song. On the other hand, the phrase "the piña colada song" to me means "Two Piña Coladas" by Garth Brooks! Garth's song was on the radio when I was growing up while I didn't hear the older one until I was an adult. (And now the one Gent linked to is on my google account thanks to the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack, while I don't have a copy of Garth's... Go figure.)

Back