I'm just flabbergasted. Thank all of you for........

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sislea

Reaction score
WOW I don't know what to say other than I want to thank everyone who turned me in the direction of making 100% CO soap for laundry and cutting sticks off for stains.

OK Yall know I just made 100% CO soap last night to use in my laundry and that I took a couple bars and cut into stain sticks. Here is my results:

Holy cow!! I am just flabbergasted at my coconut soap stain stick! My husband wore this hat when he was puttin axles, brakes etc on my daughter's truck. He had axle grease, engine oil and lord knows what else on this hat. He wanted to wear it hunting tomorrow as it is the only orange hat he owns but didn't want to wear it to Longleaf looking a hot mess. He called this morning and asked if I would try to get the 6 month old set in grease mess off with the CO stick. Everyone praised at how good it works and me being a skeptic person on home made products I thought sure I will give it a try. Look at the results. 1st in the frame is the grease mess, second frame you can see where I rubbed the CO stick on it (that is the white residue), bottom right photo was an hour after I let the co sit on the hat and hand washed it in the sink. If I had more time I bet what grease is left on the hat would finish coming off but I had to get it dry for him to wear. It is the same hat in all 3 pics. AMAZING

hattest.jpg

DH rubbed some on a brown shirt that he managed to splatter cooking oil on a few weeks ago. The shirt had been washed and dried a few times. So, he wanted to test the co stick again. He rubbed the co on the stain and threw it directly into the wash so we will see how it works on an old stain without letting the co sit for an hour or so.

DH rubbed some on a brown shirt that he managed to splatter cooking oil on a few weeks ago. The shirt had been washed and dried a few times. So, he wanted to test the co stick again. He rubbed the co on the stain and threw it directly into the wash so we will see how it works on an old stain without letting the co sit for an hour or so.

Just wait until you make that batch of yummy smelling soap with some superfat, and try that in the shower(after a proper cure). You will never want to use store bought soap again.

That's just 100% coconut oil soap? I'm very impressed. Good job!

Yes mam, 100%

OK dh rubbed the brown shirt and threw it directly into the wash, 50/50 on the cooking grease. So, I think definitely works better after letting it sit on the stains.

I still see where it was but not as noticeable. I am going to rub it on the shirt and let it sit til I do my load of darks tomorrow. Will update again :)

Just wait until you make that batch of yummy smelling soap with some superfat, and try that in the shower(after a proper cure). You will never want to use store bought soap again.

Amen sister :thumbup:

My husband shirt is always have stain from my homemade citrus perfume. I soak his white shirt on my 100% CO soap for 2 to 3 hours and all the stain just vanished without a trace. The clothes turn Whiter too.

Can I use coconut oil from the grocery store? LuAnn coconut oil is what I'm thinking. I just want to make soap to use in the laundry. Found this simple recipe online: 6 oz water, 16 oz coconut oil, 2.9 oz lye.

Thoughts?:think:

Latest posts

Back