Glycerin rivers or TD crackle

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cactuslily

Reaction score
I still am unable to upload pics, but my last batch was a drop swirl. I noticed today that some of the white parts, are with crackled or have glycerin rivers. If they were rivers, would I see them throughout the bar, and not just the white? I tried a premix of TD, so maybe the mix did it! I don't really see anything towards the top of the bar, only in the lower third, and only in the white portion. How do you all premix your TD for multiple uses. It helps eliminate one step, if I can make a large batch to use many times. If it were glycerin rivers, does that make an unsafe bar? Also, I noticed in one of my previous batches that my colors are bleeding a bit. They're not supposed to per site. Did I isr too much?
Ugh! One step forward, two steps back cha cha cha...

I got glycerin rivers one time. It was due to an FO since I didn't use any color. I split the batch in half, added an FO that discolored dark brown to one half and an FO that discolored to tan in the other, then swirled. I got the rivers only in the tan portion. It actually gave it a bit of a cool dimensional look.

Good to know. If anyone has pics of TD speckles, I'd love to see them to compare. Thanks for your help. At least I know they aren't unsafe to use.

Latest posts

Back