Not impressed with Bulk Apothecary!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ordered a soap mold a week ago and they still haven't shipped it. Actually I ordered two but they refunded one of them (but didn't remember to refund the shipping difference). Also, my account says it was the Celtic mold that was out of stock but the email says it was the Nautical one.....:-?

I would be very nervous about placing a big order with this company. Am I just unlucky or are they really that disorganized?!

Epilogue: after waiting over a week, they then tell me the other mold is out of stock too (even though it shows in stock on the website.) Seriously....?

Last edited:
I so far have only ordered fragrances with them and they were shipped within 1-2 days of ordering it, and they arrived within 3-4 days. Some of the scents I got from them weren't really anything like the description while others were nice, or spot on. But so far I've had good experiences with them.

I spent a bunch of time a few months back loading my cart with goodies during their sale. I got to the checkout and was just floored at shipping prices. I didn't place my order. Even with their 40% off it was way more than I was used to paying.

We use them exclusively atm. Ordered multiple times, very large orders including freight.
No issues of yet and shipping is not bad either. (guess depends where you live, as always)
Every order has been on point.

Hope they get it straightened out for you and then some!

They do have an online chat if you can try during hours (normally runs during day to very late at night)

I agree. For me, their shipping costs are about the same as BB.. and BA is not all the way across the country..

they've done fine by me

I ordered 55lbs shea and also some EO from them in three seperate orders. All three were spot on for weights and sizes. Shipping was reasonable and very quick.

I just yesterday bought some fractionated coconut oil from them. I've never ordered there before, but BB was out of stock. Looked everywhere else, and found costs very high. My order cost @ 6.80$, and shipping was $7. I spend hours pricing things out, unless I find a particular product I just love. I asked before, but didn't receive a response. ..isn't there an app that will tell you where the best price for "x" is. Who is having a sale? Dare I say free shipping? Is there something like that out there?

I just yesterday bought some fractionated coconut oil from them. I've never ordered there before, but BB was out of stock. Looked everywhere else, and found costs very high. My order cost @ 6.80$, and shipping was $7. I spend hours pricing things out, unless I find a particular product I just love. I asked before, but didn't receive a response. ..isn't there an app that will tell you where the best price for "x" is. Who is having a sale? Dare I say free shipping? Is there something like that out there?

WSP has free shipping over $40 minimum. Amazon?

The problem with WSP is that their prices are higher on a lot of items as the shipping is figured into the prices already so it's not really free in most cases.
I try to only purchase when they have a sale. There are so many suppliers that we just need to find which companies work best for our products and shipping. I keep a running list of what I buy and where for everything I use.

I get my FCO from Lotion Crafter. They are cheapest for a lot of ingredients I use and they always send flat rate (which is really important living in Hawaii).

I'm not impressed either. They messed up my order twice and also said some items were in stock that weren't. Then, when trying to fix the order, I found myself calling them several times at 3am a few days in a row (I live overseas). Really they should've been trying to contact me. I stopped buying from them. I love WSP. :)

Finally, 9 days after ordering, they tell me the other soap mold is not in stock! They haven't updated to show it out of stock so someone else will probably be messed about like me.....

I could have got these from somewhere else in the time it took to tell me they are out of stock. SO annoying :x

Latest posts

Back