First batch of M&P soap base!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I got up this morning and set about making my first batch of from scratch M&P soap base. It's not "clear", but more of a translucent.

Here it is in the loaf mold, and a shot of the excess poured into little tree molds . It lathers pretty good all considering it was my first try :D

Oh and I could not decide if this should have been in the M&P section or here...yes, it's M&P, but it's also made from scratch, not a purchased base. I'm so confused lol :crazy:

mandp.jpg

mandp2.jpg

Very nice, that is something that I have been wanting to do. I think this is the right place to post it, although some in the M&P section might also be interested. Did you need to use alcohol in your recipe?

Very nice, that is something that I have been wanting to do. I think this is the right place to post it, although some in the M&P section might also be interested. Did you need to use alcohol in your recipe?

No alcohol in this one. Here in FL we can't buy Everclear (grain alcohol) and I wanted a remeltable base, so I went with a combo of Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, and a sugar solution.

After work tonight I'm going to cut some up, remelt and mold it into smaller shapes/bars, then start watching to see how much it's going to sweat. I kept the glycerin down, so I hope it's not too much sweating :)

awesome! i'm using the same combo too (pg, sorbitol, and glycerin). cut back on the glycerin if you want less sweating.

awesome! i'm using the same combo too (pg, sorbitol, and glycerin). cut back on the glycerin if you want less sweating.

I molded a few small items last night, had the house closed up all day at work and it got pretty warm inside and we're in FL where average humidity is about 80% and they're looking good so far :D I think I'll set a couple in the bathroom just to see what happens in that environment but so far I'm pretty pleased with it.

I would like to up my bubbles some, so I think I'll tinker with a recipe just a bit :)

I'm thinking of using beer in the next batch....wonder if it'd give bubbles like it does for regular cp/hp soap?

To see how badly they sweat put one in a ziplock bag and set it outside on a sunny day. (Not in direct sunlight mind you!)

Latest posts

Back