Some butterfly swirl, non-butterflies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got quite a kick out of some of my attempts at butterfly swirls from this past month. I thought I'd post a couple so here is my parrotfish swirl and two of my tropical birds. I must have something on my camera lens because I didn't have an TD specks in these bars, yet white stuff is showing up, even in the black. I also am terrible at photos and can't figure out my camera, because these were all taken in the same place, with the same light, with the same camera on the same settings. Go figure (because I sure can't.)

IMG_5208.jpg

IMG_5119.jpg

IMG_5137 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Those soaps are incredibly gorgeous, newbie! The colors against the black make for a stunningly beautiful look. I can't help but want to just sit and stare at them! lol

IrishLass :)

that is a real pretty color combo! gorgeous swirls as well!

Thank you for your kind comments!

I'm having guilt now. I did a reverse one, using the light green as a background and black, purple and pink as the swirl colors, for the challenge and one looks like a lion fish. I was going to post it with a lion fish picture only to discover lion fish are greatly despised because they are invasive and I saw many pictures of people killing them. Now my poor bars are conflicted!

Back