Stax of Wax

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeregrineKodiak

Reaction score
Hello! I've been wanting to make soap for a long time! I have a bunch of beehives, and over the last couple of years, I've been rendering and accumulating beeswax. I sell honey at the local farmers market, and I'd like to sell soap this year.

I've decided to start with fragrance oils from Lebermuth. They sent me a bunch of "sniffies".

Anyways, I've been collecting some of the materials that I need, but I realize I still need so much more.

What I really want more than anything is some basic beginners recipes that include beeswax to get me started. I'm not that adventurous when it comes to experimenting - I just want to stick to tried and true recipes for a while.

I wonder: where to go for these basic recipes? And a basic tutorial on "how to?"

Thanks!!! Happy Soaping!

Hi and welcome! Boy I envy you all that beeswax!
I've used beeswax to good effect up to 5% in my soaps - but I don't know if that will use up your stash quickly enough.
Why not candles as well? I know nothing about making candles, but I do adore beeswax candles - that smell!

Thanks for the replies! Thanks for the links, Irishlass! And yes, I definitely want to get into candles - I love candles. - But I'm even more scared of the mistake-making potential. At least when you goof up soap, the mistake more or less washes away nicely :-D

Back