HELP PLEASE!! Need FO and company can't be reachec.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrown

Reaction score
I am in desperate need of placing an order for Cedarwood Mint (The Thymes) from Scent Works but I think that place has fallen into an abyss, as I cannot contact anyone from the company.

Does anyone know of a similar fragrance and where I can get it?
Thank you!

Hello! I tried all references I can think of (including Google) but I can not find anything for you. Sorry!!! Hopefully someone can recommend a close approximation for you - like a pine-spruce-fir-mint or other resinous-mint mix. If you have enough time maybe you could experiment with adding a cedar EO with a hint of mint and come close with a similar scent. I know - not a good plan of action at this time. Maybe for later. I really hope you find a similar fragrance or Scent Works replies back to you. Crossing fingers for you.

Thank you Moody Glenn. I have been researching all day and I finally have a headache. I went in there and tried to whip up something using cedar, lavender and mint and while it comes a little close, it's just not it. What a hopeless day! LOL. I don't understand why a company would not have a public face, even if it were just an email. I would even take a computer generated response at this point. sigh.

bbrown, I feel your pain!! I placed a large order of my favorite scent from them earlier this year and received a partial order with a note that that was all they had (and it's no longer available). They didn't respond to my emails requesting a refund for the unshipped portion OR the double charge to my account. I ended up filing a dispute with Paypal to get a refund, and I never received a single message from them - even when they issued the refund through Paypal!!
I've seen people on this forum recommend Mikes Fragrance (I think?) as a company that will replicate a scent if you send them a sample. I'm going to go search the threads for it now and if I find a link, I'll post it here. I've got my fingers crossed that they can replicate TSW 'Acadian Homecoming' for me :)

Yes Mike will try to duplicate but does not guarantee the results and for a small fee he will send a sample of your duped fo. I am actually sending him a 1 oz sample this week. This is the amount he required. I have actually had to get 3 fo's duplicated this year and it has cost me a bundle...

Last edited:
Yup, Mike will dupe anything if he can..he'll do his best. He's constantly making new FO's too {not to mention that he has 2 perfumers that he hob nobs with and if he can't figure out a dupe, he'll ask them for help}..so far I have had really good luck with the ones I have ordered...can't beat less than 13 bux per pound.

I always order a 1 oz tho for ones Im not familiar with..then after I see what it does, and if I like it, I'll order the lb.

I tried calling him this morning at both numbers but no answer. Is is possible they are closed for the holidays?

Have you posted an ISO on the facebook swap page Hazel mentioned in another post? Maybe someone has some that they would be willing to sell you or swap for something else.

I recall requesting an invite to join a group on Facebook but I think I got dissed. It's been a month and no word. I can't even recall the name at this point.

What was the word from Mike? He couldn't dupe for you?

Aww that's a shame :(

Btw, howdy from Conroe :wave:

Latest posts

Back