Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bleeding colors can work as well. I like this with the glow around the pink swirls.

Screen shot 2015-01-18 at 10.00.16 PM.jpg

Wow, that is one beautiful butterfly, the colours are amazing.

On page eight, at the very bottom, in the picture from the pasitoapasito website, the beige, black and orange soap.....I've long admired his soaps, but I just noticed something.....the edges. They don't look sharp, like they've been cut, and they don't look beveled either, they just look......soft. How does he do that??? The man is a wizard, for sure.

OK, maybe I'm weird, but as much as I admire amazing swirls and fancy techniques......I'm really drawn to these soaps, they just make my heart flutter. They look sooooooo creamy. http://www.aureana.es/#h=741-1422142462651

Last edited:
I don't know how he is polishing his edges but I know if I rinse a soap well when it is still young (that is to say not very cured at all), the edges will soften up like that because the soap "melts" quickly in water. He may bevel them and then rub them smooth, perhaps?

Natural soap and simple soaps are very attractive. Well, pretty much all types of soap are attractive, really. I will have to post one I found that is very simple but the one detail is cool and the texture/look of the soap is incredibly appealing.

Small detail which is beautiful and that texture!

Screen shot 2015-01-22 at 9.33.57 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine too and then what did I do? I made a soap with one of the pinks I already had. I feel a little lost with them all as well. I made a soap last night trying for a red, combining poppy red with just a touch of red vibrance, so we'll see how it comes out. Not fire engine red but so far it seems like a nice bright red.

Spin Swirl, made by Dandelion Seife. I love that person's stuff.

Here's the youtube link to the only video I can find about spin swirls, so I think this is the originator of it.

[ame]

Screen shot 2015-01-24 at 11.33.43 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine too and then what did I do? I made a soap with one of the pinks I already had. I feel a little lost with them all as well. I made a soap last night trying for a red, combining poppy red with just a touch of red vibrance, so we'll see how it comes out. Not fire engine red but so far it seems like a nice bright red.

Oohh nice! Yes I was also matching them up to see which would make a good bright red. That poppy is a perfect start, I think. I don't have red vibrance but I think I am going to try raspberry red with the poppy red.

Spin Swirl, made by Dandelion Seife. I love that person's stuff.

Here's the youtube link to the only video I can find about spin swirls, so I think this is the originator of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiF_udFPvcA

The ingenuity of soapmakers is astounding! Dandelion is one of the most prolific soapers on the net. And she does such beautiful work.

Back