Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool.

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 10.03.05 PM.png

Those birds!! I want those birds!! Quite possibly the coolest soaps I've ever seen in my life! The colors and pattern make them so realistic. (Yes I love birds)

Her site shows mostly MP but those look all cp to me. Are they imbeds from a mold? The beaks are so delicate!

Last edited:
They look like CP to me too. I have no idea how she did it. I thought she may have seen the right pattern and set up in a soap she made so she cut them in the shape of the bird, added the beaks and poured a light coat of black over the tops and once they were set, embedded them. I really don't know otherwise. They are fantastic.

I think we're saying the same thing, Obsidian. I do think she added the black outline though and the beaks. The outline might be a pencil line or it could be a thin layer of black. I see the small black line in the one soap but nothing in front of the bird. Maybe she did a pencil line but put something down to block it from getting it anywhere in front of the bird?

Love this color combo.

Screen Shot 2015-10-09 at 11.08.17 PM.png

I too noticed the black outline on the top/back of the bird but not the front/bottom. A pencil line probably wouldn't stick as well to the underside if the embed was already hard and dry, whereas a sprinkle on the top wouldn't have gravity working against it. A thin black pour seems more problematic to me but that does not mean its not possible.

I think you're probably right about adding the beak -- and I'd say the eye too. I wondered if they were added after the bars were cut (i.e., just superficial), but when you blow up the pics they don't really look like they were painted on there.

Well, they are just the cutest things and they'll have me pondering -- and aspiring -- for a good long while!

Latest posts

Back