quick oil question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackofhearts

Reaction score
Hello all!

So, where I work (Trader Joe's) we just got in some Red Palm Oil in a 1 pound jar similar to our coconut oil. Can anyone tell me something about this stuff? I would like to try it in soapmaking. In soapcalc, they list palm oil and red palm butter. How do I tell which one this is?

Any help would be wonderful!

Thanks!

Apparently (according to the internet) palm and red palm have the same SAP value, so you should be able to use Palm on soapcalc.

I just checked on soapcalc, both red palm butter and palm oil have the same SAP value there, so it goes some way to confirming.

Yep, I have used it as part of my total palm oil. At just 6%, the soap will be orange. Keep that in mind!

I like red Palm oil at 3% for a natural yellow color. Anymore than that and your soap will look like cheese.

I have used red palm oil before. It soaped just like regular palm oil. I knew it would have a yellow/orange color in the finished soap so I used it with a citrus eo blend.

I used it few days ago frying and everything was orange color, meat, veggies,everything. They say 1.5 l in costo I believe 4 backs............
It could stain the skin

I can't remember the percentage I put in this but it had red palm in it for colouring and it doesn't stain the skin.

Latest posts

Back