Soapy dreams for 2015???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeysuds

Reaction score
Christmas is nearly here, and New Years close on its heels so tell me, what visions do you have for soaping in 2015??? Goals, new techniques, ideas, recipes???

I'm planning a few "breakfast" type bars, one will have egg yolk, bacon grease/lard for one of the fats, and coffee for the liquid. The other is a parfait type with yogurt, berries, and ground oatmeal.

Also loving HP right about now, and plan to continue playing with designs, colors, and converting as many of my crazy CP soaps into HP as possible for "research" aka an excuse to keep making all this soap lol.

Continue working on a future product line. Concentrating on completing a list of scent blends. Also need to nail down tanning oil, perfect my after sun cream, and finalize a cleansing conditioner.

Also, in the name of science, plan on going to the beach at least once a month, once it warms up. Really, it's just for research. :cool:

I have a lot I hope to do this next year with soap and cosmetics. The top on the soap side of things are 3 new soap bars. One is going to be based on a blend of essential oils from plants that grow wild where I live. It will be called "The Great North Woods" I think. The other will be a more manly bar with my favorite coffee from a roaster not too far from here. I hope the owner will like it enough to let me attach his company name and the coffee blend name. Third I hope to get a good beer soap going, and possibly team up with a local brewery to do similar things as the coffee bar. I have a fun idea for next Christmas as well, but I may not get to it. I have dozens of plans, I just have to pace myself.

Fun thread!

*Oh yeah, and a couple 100% olive oil batches with my favorite EO blends. Oh yeah, and some salt bars...

Last edited:
I plan to learn liquid soap making and perfect my shampoo bar recipe. We have super hard mountain runoff water so it's tough to find a good bar. Gonna try citric acid and egg yolk.

That's been very difficult for me -- a shampoo bar. I wish you the best of luck, I'm working on it slowly as well.

Want to learn how to make liquid soap, get a decent logo and labels done (not being the artistic type this is proving the most difficult thing for me!) and try and make shaving soap. Oh and perfect a lotion bar that can tolerate african heat!!

Love everything posted so far!

I'm also working on writing down scent blends that I've used repeatedly over the years. Normally I add some of this and that til it smells right, but its time to record those amounts to lessen waste and frustration. Plus if I EVER start my own business it would help immensely to have as much figured out and written down as possible.

I also want to try some tallow in soap. I use and love lard but am just wondering what, if any, would the difference be with tallow.

I would also like to try my hand at liquid soap. And lotions. And deodorant. And of course perfect my CP soaps, I have only been soaping a year so lots to learn.

Plans...
1) Find a place where I can work peacefully...
2) Perfect my recipies
3) Practise HP
4) Make a "lava" soap
5) Make my first salt bars
6) Find a recipe for Shampoo Bars that works on my hair
7) Experiment on making liquid soap

I like to set realisic goals... Haha :razz::razz:

Good luck to all!! :)

1). Finish my soaping area in the basement. (May be life or death issue - I have so much soap and supplies my husband asks me where I'm going to put it before I make it/buy it).
2). Perfect my lanolin soap recipe and my other 2 base recipes- still doing boring soap (no color or EO/FO) and playing with %
3). Get better at making my own coco milk/water. - Worth the effort, but 2 bad cuts in the process.
4). Get back to my business plan - in my head, just can't get it in writing.
5). Finish my purchase orders for my receipts of stuff I bought; cart before the horse, but paperwork sucks.
6). Find an accountant to review my QuickBooks chart of accounts
7). Finish entering my ingredients into SM3 - pain in the butt hunting specific gravity info, etc.
8). Keep reading, watching videos, attend Guild Conference, really understand Kevin Dunn's book and do experiments
9). Continue having fun with M&P - my imagination goes crazy with it!
10). Keeping working on my to do list..... It never stops!

There are some very cool ideas here!

I must be the only soaper that has ZERO interest in making a liquid soap. Which is kinda sad, as I know plenty of people that would probably prefer liquid over bar soaps. One day, no telling when, I'll take that jump I'm sure just for the experience of it.

As for those planning to sell, it's something I would love to eventually do also. When I think of all the paperwork though, saving receipts, taxes, license, insurance...it seems like a whole lot of work! Right now I have 3 young kiddos to raise, so I can say it isn't going to happen any time soon. But again, like the liquid soap, one day I'll take that jump and maybe it wont be as bad as I imagine :mrgreen:

Back