Sea kelp & Agave

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Has anyone used this FO from WSP? I'm wondering if it discolors and if the acceleration is as bad as the reviews say?
I had planned a nice hidden feather swirl but now I'm wondering if I will even have time for a itp swirl.

Ok, so it does accelerate.
I was using a slow to trace, high lard recipe and stirred the FO in by hand. It was fine at that point, I should have stopped and finished my swirling but no, I had to hit it with the SB one more time. I seen it starting to accelerate so I quickly poured in my itp swirl color and swirled, by the time I walked across the room to the mold it was a thick globby ickyness.
It poured into the mold ok, there was a fair amount of gloppy blobs but they won't affect the finished look. I used a spoon and gave it one more gentle swirl before dripping some mica in oil on top. I couldn't texture the tops or even really swirl the mica in as it sat up very fast.
Lesson learned, when a FO is known to accelerate badly don't push your luck. Stick to one colors and resist the urge to SB the FO in. I really like this scent so I don't mind dealing with it. I plan on making salt bars with it though, that might be bad:crazy:

Ok, so it does accelerate.
I was using a slow to trace, high lard recipe and stirred the FO in by hand. It was fine at that point, I should have stopped and finished my swirling but no, I had to hit it with the SB one more time. I seen it starting to accelerate so I quickly poured in my itp swirl color and swirled, by the time I walked across the room to the mold it was a thick globby ickyness.
It poured into the mold ok, there was a fair amount of gloppy blobs but they won't affect the finished look. I used a spoon and gave it one more gentle swirl before dripping some mica in oil on top. I couldn't texture the tops or even really swirl the mica in as it sat up very fast.
Lesson learned, when a FO is known to accelerate badly don't push your luck. Stick to one colors and resist the urge to SB the FO in. I really like this scent so I don't mind dealing with it. I plan on making salt bars with it though, that might be bad:crazy:

Haha, I feel your pain. Did something really similar earlier this week. That ****, "lets give it one more hit with the SB", just killed me. :)

Hope it works in the salt bar. The scent sounds like it would be perfect for a salt bar. Bet you can do it, just ignore that pleading call from the SB for one last chance to swim in the batter. :)

It is a really nice scent, a bit sweeter then other sea scents but I do like it a lot. It is also a heater. I placed my uncovered mold in the coldest room of the house and it still went into full gel.

EDIT: still in gel
2i0uame.jpg

2ugl4q9.jpg

Last edited:
Sea kelp & Agave

Waiting for the cut!....

Unless this is the one that had to be re batched?

Last edited:
Back