Latest salt soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Made another batch of salt soap. I got the batter mixed, poured the salt in at very light trace and went to split it out.......only to realise that my moulds weren't lined! Quickly got them sorted out and then split the batch for colouring. The end result is less than stellar swirls, but still nice and I am far from disappointed.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1419097835.195706.jpg

I got the batter mixed, poured the salt in at very light trace and went to split it out.......only to realise that my moulds weren't lined!

LOL...isn't that the fastest way to get your A** in gear?! Love my wooden molds but that has happened to me too and The race is on.

Those look lovely by the way - I love the look of a salt bar with more than one colour.

Haha! Bet thats the last time you forget to line :p

Those look nice! What oils did you use? Whats the smell? How did you get that pretty blue-green?

Pretty! I love avocado in salt bars. The recipe I make is very similar.

They look wonderful EG. I am very curious how you like the Avocado in salt bars, unfortunately I find it affects lather quite a bit. I have some that are going on 6 months cure with the same recipe and they are finally starting to lather, will be interesting to find out what you think

Looks nice, well done working so quickly!! I love avocado oil in the salt bar. My current one has Shea and it doesn't lather at all. I think I have an olive oil curing so it will be nice to compare the olive and avocado, but it definitely had enough lotiony lather for me.

Salt bars really are something special - to make and to use!

I agree, and it's a bar that seems to vary so much with individual soap makers, using basically the same ingredients. Carolyn has avocado inhibiting lather, jade has shea, that doesn't lather. Mine have both shea and avocado and they lather like a dream. :)

Same with the sweating issue, some people seem to have lots of problems, while others don't.

I agree with you. Really an interesting soap to make and it's real easy to become addicted to using them.

lovely, Craig! i've yet to make a salt soap in a log mold, not to mention swirls..

They are lovely! Maybe Santa will bring you a silicone liner so that you're always ready to pour. (Did you hear that Santa, hint, hint!!!)

Back