Infused olive oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberTheHobbit

Reaction score
Hello! It's my very first post. I haven't made a batch yet. Still researching and dreaming nearly every night about soap!

So I was wondering if I could use lavender infused olive oil that I made myself to make Castile soap?

You can indeed! Couple of things to be aware of -

It's very unlikely that any scent will carry through from it. Some goodness might, but no scent.

Secondly, a Castile needs a looooooong cure before it's any good at all. 6 months is good, many people say 1 year! I would go for something more like-
20% coconut
50% lard or palm
30% olive

That'll be a soap good to go in a month

While you can use an infusion like that, it gets you nothing in CP soap - but I have used infusions like that to good effect in body butter :)

The only infusions that I have found that give me something in CP are for color - so annatto seeds, madder root, alkanet etc...

Thank you all!!! I probably won't do a batch of CP until next week or so but I am going to try some body butter tomorrow. I'll let you know how this little hobbit does!

Latest posts

Back