Salt Bar fall apart

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spice

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I made this salt bar. Every thing looked good. I cut loaf a couple hours after I HP. The loaf sweated some what, but not a lot. This was last month, Nov.. After using the bar for a couple of weeks, it all of a sudden fall apart into a few large pieces. I used indigo embeds from another soap, that is the blue color. I only use 10% salt for 53 oz of oils and I SF 10% too. I use food grade wrap to protect my soap from all kinds of noses. I use a chair to sit on and I sometimes am looking up at people when they grab my soap to smell it. I see right up their noses. Big ones, small ones, hairy ones and some that I have no idea what I'm looking at. Some even look as if they are trying to stick the bar up their nose. Anyway, I unwrapped one of the salt bars (after a month went by) and it was sweating in the wrap too. :confused:

My two questions are about the crumble after a month, and the sweat in the wrap. Hope I dont confuse anyone as I am confuse right now.

salt bar mess.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I'm laughing my rear off right now picturing the insides of all the noses you've been looking at!!!!!! Maybe you need a taller chair, lol!!!!

I'm no expert on salt bars but have made several batches. Some are about 6 months old. I've never had the crumbling problem you describe so I wonder if it's the packaging. Maybe the bars can't breathe? I put mine in cello bags that have holes on the sides so there's still air circulation. Someone with more experience than I will come along to help out but in the mean time....thanks for the serious giggle!

I don't know why your soap crumbled, but get used to people sticking your soap up their nose :) This is partly why I sell my soap in boxes, now. Sometimes at shows I think "Yeah, buddy, that ain't gonna fit up there".

Latest posts

Back