Shampoo Bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armyjung2079

Reaction score
Is there any way to make a shampoo bar without Palm oil? I only have palm kernel. I do have olive, avocado, sun flower, castor, a teensy bit of rice bran, coconut 76 and cocoa and shae butter. I'm going to try and pick up jojoba from ulta if they have it.

Here is my last shampoo recipe, it has worked very well for me. (Just to give you an example of some variety in formulas.)
76 deg. Coconut oil at 25%, Lard (Manteca at Walmart) 15%, Cocoa butter 5%, Castor oil 10%, Rice Bran oil 20%, Extra virgin Olive oil 25%. I also used an 18% Lye discount to leave more unsaponified stuff in the bars. Made this last jan. 2014, and bars are still wonderful with no spoilage, so that high discount seems to be OK.:)

Could I add vitamin e to preserve the bars if I do a high super fat? If so how do u use it lol

Lard is the easiest to obtain:)) any store

Nope. Not any store. I had to search a bit. I avoid Walmart if I can, so haven't checked there, but had to search 3 grocery stores here to find lard. :( Now that I know where to find it, it's ok. But it took a while!

Latest posts

Back