Fragrance discolouring

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toyah999

Reaction score
Hi, I'm curious if I use a fragrance that I'm aware turns the soap a tan colour if the discolouration will bleed through to the top of my soap batter if I left the top unfragranced. I'm wanting to use coconut cream as the base of my soap which I'm gonna let turn tan as the colour but I want to have a white cream like top. If I don't add fragrance to my white soap will it still turn tan because of the fragrance underneath. Also I have no TD and I'm gonna colour my white soap batter with white pearl mica, I haven't used it yet and I'm wondering if it will colour the soap white or just a lighter shade. Does it colour white as good as TD. Thanks!

If you do not add fragrance to part of the batter it will not turn dark. It really is a good way to deal with darkening fo's. I always seperate out when I make my Dragon's Blood, knowing it turns dark brown and use the unfragranced part for swirling

White mica will work, but will be slightly different than if you had used TD. You probably will need to use more mica than you would TD to get the same shade of white.

Thank you to you both! That was great help. I'd be lost without this forum and all the wonderful people in it:)

Back