Pure coconut oil or organic coconut oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenChin

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I'm still in the middle of searching and pumping my head every where for soap making , and I'm so glade that I found this forum and knew that so many high experience soap makers here I can ask for help.^^
I'm good to start with all the tools and materials ready for my soap making, and I have a problem here..I found out that all the recipe mention about "pure coconut oil" is a SOLID coconut oil which in my place there is just selling "organic" coconut oil which is LIQUID type. Can I replace the "pure coconut oil" with my "organic coconut oil?

Anyone please advice me about this , thanks a lot in advance.

Welcome to the forum. The coconut oil is probably what's referred to as 76F. Meaning anything lower than that temperature and the oil is solid. Above that it goes liquid. As long as the organic Coconut you have is pure Coconut oil, sure you can use it.

Welcome to the forum. The coconut oil is probably what's referred to as 76F. Meaning anything lower than that temperature and the oil is solid. Above that it goes liquid. As long as the organic Coconut you have is pure Coconut oil, sure you can use it.

Thanks a lot for the reply, it's really help. One more questions, it's means in the recipe if mention how many grams for the solid oil I can convert the same amount to liquid oil?

Thanks a lot for the reply, it's really help. One more questions, it's means in the recipe if mention how many grams for the solid oil I can convert the same amount to liquid oil?

You use a digital scale for the liquid oils as well as the solid ones. If any recipe has liquids in anything other than weight, run away quickly! With soaping, all should be weight rather than volume.

The reason is (other than 1 set of units being easier to work with) down to different oils having a different weight to volume ratio......

You use a digital scale for the liquid oils as well as the solid ones. If any recipe has liquids in anything other than weight, run away quickly! With soaping, all should be weight rather than volume.

The reason is (other than 1 set of units being easier to work with) down to different oils having a different weight to volume ratio......

:wave::wave:

Thanks ^^

In this instance, with the oil in Question being solidified Coconut Oil, or Liquified Coconut oil. Yes, you can use the same number of grams.

Back