Monkey Farts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmlove1218

Reaction score
After not making soap for a few weeks, inspiration struck. I used a full CM swap for the liquid, minus the two ounces of water I used when I realized my previously measured CM was for a different sized batch.

I did a five color drop/hanger swirl hoping there would be a rainbow effect on the inside, but unfortunately, it appears that only the pink and purple survived.

My colors were each mixed with about 2 TBSP of reserved oil as I was hoping to do a mica swirl on top. I learned pretty quickly that wasn't going to happen because all of the colors ran together when poured and changed to brown in most places. Next time I'll probably try mixing my colors with a tiny bit of soap badder to keep that from happening.

1417186059982.jpg

1417186082756.jpg

1417186109142.jpg

Very subtle swirls. However, don't know if it's true of all Monkey Farts but the 3 I've tried all turned brown....Hopefully you'll have better luck than I. I quit making it because I was just going to call it Monkey Poo.. Love the smell of it though and do miss it.

Thank yall for the compliments! This one is from NG. Their review said it turned beige so we'll see what happens. I added a little TD to combat the brown hopefully.

Last edited:
I like the colors that remained and the marbled vein look..haven't tried MF's FO yet so can't advise on that one.

Thank you! So far the color hasn't really darkened, but they're only about a week old so I'll know for sure in a few weeks.

Latest posts

Back