How to find the time?!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindy2428

Reaction score
At the soaping retreat, one of the ladies created a group so we could all keep in touch. I have resisted FB, but I broke down and agreed to join. My DH put something together for me and it's gone crazy! I just lost 2 hrs :Kitten Love:. How do you guys balance all of this? I've become a lousy sleeper but I still can't find the time to do everything I want to. Do you block off a set amount of time? - I feel like I'm committed now, but honestly this is overwhelming.

Less sleep, more coffee, welcome to the insanity!

I'm honestly horrible at time management, but when I do get overwhelmed with the sheer amount of things I want to do, I try to just step back and pick one to jump in with. If nothing else it gets something off my to do list.

Thanks Stacy; I think I'm just on information overload. I'm trying to organize my retreat notes, deal with home life stuff being gone for a week.... and now FB. Time for some tea.

I do set a limit to FB. Not that I always stick to it. But knowing I'm over my limit causes me to get done what I came there to do, rather than just mindlessly scroll through pictures, etc.

Thanks Ruthie; Much better this morning. Just like everyone else, I've got a lot on my plate. Going away just before Thanksgiving, not smart, but worth it. This FB thing is kind of neat. I'll try setting a routine time. Jani - you're right, I can sleep when I'm dead, but my brain works better when I get some sleep. One of the ONLY things about getting older that doesn't suck is 6 hrs and I'm good - usually in 3 hr blocks

Jani - you're right, I can sleep when I'm dead, but my brain works better when I get some sleep. One of the ONLY things about getting older that doesn't suck is 6 hrs and I'm good - usually in 3 hr blocks

Right? I live on about 4-5 hrs per day of sleep....these days anything more makes me feel crappy

Prioritise - home life first, then everything else next. As for FB - I find that waste of my time.

Relle, home life is always #1. I've been very blessed and I do my best not to take them for granted. 2 weeks ago, I would have agreed with you about FB. -Have you ever gone to an event, vacation and met new people; promised to stay in touch and never do? I think to some extent that soaping is a "solitary" adventure, and while on the one hand that's a plus for me, it was extraordinary to be "live" with a group that was as jazzed about the process as I am. This forum is special for it's wealth of knowledge and the support that's fostered by you, Austin and the other mods. FB just adds another level to that. The group I joined is a closed group comprised to the conference attendees and seeing everyone's pictures just brings it all back. FB is pushing me to develop a page of my own; my husband created what I have out there. I consider myself to be a private person and for me FB is challenging that. Finally, it's pretty cool to be able to drop a line to Catherine McGinnis and hear back!

I belong to a couple facebook groups and check in once a week to see what's been happening. I spend my extra time here 9my favorite place). Family is first plus I have a full time job, then my soaping which is a joy to me. I haven't soaped in over 2 weeks and am looking to getting some done this weekend. I have my last show next Friday/Saturday then some down time to play with new techniques I've got on my soaping bucket list.

Excellent Shari! Hope your shows went well. Hopefully we still can have that date at Penzey's in the New Year. My soaping heart is here as well and I feel liked I've missed something out of my day when I haven't checked in. A day doesn't go by when I don't learn something new. Working very hard to get my soaping workshop ready. I like to work with fused glass as well, so partitioning is critical. Glass chips might be a little too scrubby for soap. One good thing about this group in FB - I can't read my own handwriting at times! If one could receive a doctorate for lousy handwriting, I'd be world re-known. I'm using my FB soap retreat friends to help clarify some of my notes from Dr. Dunn so I don't totally screw up when I post them here. Hope all had a satisfying Turkey Day.

Back