Scary or just weird?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Someone emailed me, they want to buy my organic castile to brush their teeth with. I suggested they try oil pulling instead, but they've done some reading and want to try brushing their teeth with olive oil soap. This kinda worries me, should I sell to her with a disclaimer? This makes me realize those Etsy listings should be very specific.

I did check around and there was an article about it on Livestrong, they didn't recommend it but didn't discourage it either.

And no, I don't have insurance yet, I was going to buy a soaper's guild membership after my next paycheck.

There was just a few thread about teeth soap where folks liked usingit other than the taste... sorry I cannot look it up right now. But check the last week or so around here.

Tooth Soap is usually made with Olive Oil and Cocoa Butter or another good tasting oil. Coconut oil is too "soapy" tasting so not a good choice.

Last edited:
Oh Fuuuuudge

ralphie.jpg

I like 100% peanut oil soap for teeth, it has a very mild flavor, not really soapy at all.

I make and use tooth soap and like it. I would not sell it unless I was covered by insurance since it could be swallowed. Just my 2 cents.

Tooth Soap is usually made with Olive Oil and Cocoa Butter or another good tasting oil. Coconut oil is too "soapy" tasting so not a good choice.

It's 100% olive oil and I did try it myself first. Not bad. Not exactly a scintillating experience but oh well...LOL! I had an Olive/Rice Bran bar I tried too, that was kinda soapy.

You learn something new every day!

Some people will look at CP soap and say "you use soap with lye and fats? ewww". Others will use CP soap but balk at the idea of using it on hair.

There is nothing scary or weird about using tooth soap on teeth - what do you think tooth paste is, other than a compound for cleaning teeth?

Toothpaste is actually 'bad' for your teeth..and it's loaded with fluoride, which is toxic....I guess if you ate a bar of CP soap, you may throw up but I doubt you would die. :lol:

Toothpaste is actually 'bad' for your teeth..and it's loaded with fluoride, which is toxic....I guess if you ate a bar of CP soap, you may throw up but I doubt you would die. :lol:

My 25 year old niece is developmentally disabled, and she did take a big bite out of a fresh bar of soap! LOL! She survived, though she was quite unhappy about it.

Latest posts

Back