Soap colours

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bricknscrub

Reaction score
Hello everyone hope your having a great evening I have a question does anyone else have a problem with the colour green! Mine fades after a few days to an orange colour can anyone help me out with this

Many thanks

Bricknscrub

Hello and welcome. What kind of colorant are you using? Are you using high PH stable colorants? There are green micas and oxides that work great in CP soap. Green Oxide and hydrated green oxide work well. Also, Nurture Soap Supplies and TKB Trading have colorants that are stable and work well.

Okay, one more question...lol Are you making Melt & Pour or Cold/Hot Process? If you are using MP colorants in CP soap that could be the problem. As Effy said this isn't a pass or fail gig. Just trying to help you troubleshoot a bit. Want to have a clear picture of what you are doing. :D

All plant based greens I have tried fade to browns/grays if they are left in the sun. I can keep the color fine in it's dark cool storage, but fades while on display. This is for CP soaps.

Again, it depends on if you are doing melt & pour or CP/HP. Nature's Garden has some nice liquid soap colorants that work well in MP. I like Nurture Soap Supplies and TKB Trading for micas, oxides etc that are high PH stable in CP/Hp. HTH.

I use oxides or micas that have been tested to remain stable in CP soap. Nurture soap supplies sells a nice sample pack if you are interested in experimenting.

Sorry for late reply yes I'm doing melt and pour hot process. I have been getting my stuff off amazon from majestic magic if that helps

Back