My Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luckyone80

Reaction score
Alright here are all the soaps I have made so far. I'm most happy with #5, 6 & 8.

#1 - Oatmeal Honey Almond - this was a kit I bought, this soap is ok for my first, I messed it up b/c after insulating it of course it started going through gel phase and I freaked b/c it was cracking and I got the advice to throw it in the freezer, then I got advice to just let it do its thing so I took it out. After all was said and done it did only go through partial gel b/c of all the moving around but its still an ok soap for my first time.

#2 - Lemongrass - I tried CPOP for the first time and this soap probably would have been fine had I not left the oven on at 170 degrees while the soap was in there. I had watched a soapers Youtube video and that was their instructions so needless to say I overcooked it. I used Lemongrass EO and dried dandelion leaves for the darker green color.

#3 - Unscented, whitened with TD - total fail. I used a 30 CO/30 Palm/30 OO recipe from a popular web site. I must have not mixed it well enough b/c there are white speckles throughout the soap towards the bottom and its crumbly. I will be rebatching it someday.

#4 - Orange/Lemongrass - another pretty much fail. So many things went wrong when I made this one. I used the wrong oil amounts for the mold I was going to use and the batter didn't fill the mold so I had to improvise and throw it into a Pringles chip can. I tried to CPOP agin but this time with the oven only preheated and then turned off but it still got too hot and volcanoed. The soap smells and looks ok except for the uneveness on the outside edges but I plan to trim it. I used Turmeric for the coloring.

#5 - Cucumber Melon - first soap I would call a total sucess. I used dried dandelion leaves for the darker green, I did try to do some layer swirls but it obviously didn't happen. I'm still happy with it though.

#6 - Raspberry Patchouli - I also love this soap, first time I used Activated Charcoal, didn't quite get as dark black as I wanted, I tried to do another swirl which obviously didn't happen but I still like the look of it. I sprayed the top with alcohol a little too heavy so there are water "droplets" on the top of the soap but I still like it.

#7 - Mango - I'm ok with this soap, not with the color though. I used Turmeric again for the orange and TD for the lighter, I tried swirling again and didn't turn out how I wanted. I used a Mango FO and I either didn't use enough FO or something b/c it doesn't smell anything like Mango.

#8 - Oatmeal Honey Almond - I LOVE this soap, turned out exactly how I wanted.

First.jpg

Second.jpg

Third.jpg

Fourth.jpg

Fifth.jpg

Sixth.jpg

Seventh.jpg

Eighth.jpg

Well, for all the problems you experienced, and/or things not coming out the way you had envisioned them, that's still quite a lovely haul to be proud of indeed!

IrishLass :)

Thank you! Those are my favs too, the raspberry patchouli smells so good, going to have to get more of that EO.

Wow those are some lovely soaps!! The mango came out very pretty it looks planned that way.

My favorites are the honey almond.

I think they all turned out great :)

My faves would be 1, 6, and 8..with 6 being my most fave :)

Latest posts

Back