What size is your bar?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doggonegardener

Reaction score
Simply put...can you give some quick dimensions and maybe a weight for your average bar. I thought my bars were about right and I ordered some shrink wraps and my soaps won't fit inside. I can't seem to find larger wraps. These are from BB.

Can anyone point me to a larger shrink wrap or am I making my bars too big? They are about 3.5 inches by 2.75 inches by one inch. The BB sleeves are really difficult to get on there.

Rene

I got some from Brambleberry, too! I haven't checked if they fit. My bars are 3.25 x 2.5 x 1 inches. They weigh between 4-4.5 oz.

So, do you think my bars are too big?

I could probably get the bar in there but it's a wrestling match and that means it's leaving smudgy streaks on the inside of the shrink wrap.

WPS has some that are 102 mm square. That's a little, tiny bit bigger.

I will look at the other spot mentioned above.

Thanks,

Rene

I use the 4X6 shrink bags from Papermart. I end up cutting about an inch off the top of the bag, I usually just tape them with clear tape before taking the heat gun or hair dryer to them. I only had one mega size bar that was over 6 ounces, that I had trouble getting it in the bag. The price is about $6.00 for 500 bags, I haven't seen anything else to compare price wise. I saw someone on YouTube cut both ends to make a band out of it, but I didn't have much luck with that, and I have soap that is 2 years old in the bags without any issues.

I use the 4X6 shrink bags from Papermart. I end up cutting about an inch off the top of the bag, I usually just tape them with clear tape before taking the heat gun or hair dryer to them. I only had one mega size bar that was over 6 ounces, that I had trouble getting it in the bag. The price is about $6.00 for 500 bags, I haven't seen anything else to compare price wise. I saw someone on YouTube cut both ends to make a band out of it, but I didn't have much luck with that, and I have soap that is 2 years old in the bags without any issues.
Same here, and I also do not have much luck with cutting off the ends for making bands. But then I do not want just bands I want my soap completely shrink wrapped. These same bags are around $20 at Uline for the same 500 bag box...

You can buy special soap cutters which basically are a block you slide your soap loaf into with a measured "guide" for the cutting blade to slot into. They are pretty cheap to buy and do mean you get some consistency with your slices (the one I have cuts around 1 inch thickness, which is approx 100g).Bars are 2.5 x 3 x 1. It makes a nice size for hands to hold.

Gift Soaps

Last edited by a moderator:
no problem with cutting

I have a miter and have no issues with cutting. My bars are just a bit bigger than the sleeves from BB. I found some sleeves at WSP that fit nicely and the bands from MMS would also fit. I was not aware of MMS.

Back