My first CP shave soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpy_owl

Reaction score
Not fancy, just for tourists. It's basic tallow CP with Bentonite clay (I don't care what they say--I love the slip this gives) and castor oil, activated charcoal in the swirl for men's fragile skin. The scent is a lot of BB's Kentish Rain and a little Shave & a Haircut.

20141028_062350.jpg

Looks cool. Is the lather stable enough without added stearic acid? I bet it smells awesome!

No, cpacamper, it's not a dense-lathery real shaving soap. Just my regular recipe with a few refinements that make it a little more shavey and man-friendly. I looked into real shaving soaps and then backed away slowly. That said, my house painter can't get enough of my old shave soap which was goats milk MP, so I figure for men used to Irish Spring or drugstore soaps, the clay, charcoal and castor make a big enough difference. Afficionados of fine grooming will have to look elsewhere. :)

There is a place in a complete shave den for your type of soap...shower shaves. When really pressed for time, I use a Schick injector in the shower with just home made cp tallow bath soap. For shower shaving, your soap would be much better than my tallow bath soap. Maybe I will jazz future bath soap with clay. Is clay in bath soap desirable?

Latest posts

Back