NDA Baby Lotion - No preservative?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sensoriella

Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought a bottle of the 33oz ultra mild baby lotion to use myself and for my baby and mom. I didnt notice tho that it says preservative free. I really dont want to tamper with the product, was hoping to just pour it into bottles, and wish it came with a preservative. I asked NDA if it was safe to use as is and for how long, but no reply. Does anybody know if I am supposed to add a preservative? I have Optiphen Plus. I'm not sure how to go about putting it in my lotion, I really dont want to have to empty that out in a bowl etc, im a bit too paranoid of introducing germs :(. Which is why I DONT make lotion to resell....But I really do want to use it on myself and baby and feel safe!

What should I do with this? Thanks!

http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.ca/ultra-mild-baby-lotion-p-2202.html

Last edited:
If it were me, unless I made it myself and kept it stored in the fridge for not much more than a week, I would not let it touch my baby (or me) without a preservative. As for what kind of preservative, I'm not sure. I do make my own lotion and I have my own preservative system for it (Phenonip along with Tetrasodium EDTA as a preservative booster), but I'm not up to speed on all the specifics of the other preservatives out there since I only use what I use. Hopefully, more folks will chime in on which one would be best to use.

IrishLass :)

Edited to add.....Woops, Girlishcharm and I must have been posting at the same time!

Back