Throwback Thursday....on Friday

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Back in the day a couple of years ago when I was REALLY obsessed with soaping, we had some great fun in creating soaps around various themes (holidays, songs, etc.) and posting the results online. Not really a competition so much as a comparison of interpretations on a theme. Would anyone be interested in reviving the idea?

Absolutely, it would NOT be about competition....just seeing how everyone interprets the theme. Even the "flops" are fun to see. I was brand new to soaping and it was a great learning experience. I remember we did a "Mardi Gras" theme and a "Top 40 Song from the Year You Were Born." It's all in good, clean fun.

That sounds like a lot of fun, though I can't say I would fair too well in a competition. I'd love to see some pics, though! :)

I love this idea. I'm brand new at soaping and having such fun trying everything out. The hardest part for me is trying to pick from the smorgasbord of ideas I already have on my list. Having a theme would help me make decisions!

I love this idea. I'm brand new at soaping and having such fun trying everything out. The hardest part for me is trying to pick from the smorgasbord of ideas I already have on my list. Having a theme would help me make decisions!

LOL...as I recall that's almost verbatim what I said when we did this a couple of years ago. Maybe the moderators would help to organize the photos into a folder for us.

That's a great idea! I have a couple of different soap pics I could contribute.

IrishLass :)

The idea is that we choose a theme together and then everyone creates a NEW soap around their interpretation of that theme.

The idea is that we choose a theme together and then everyone creates a NEW soap around their interpretation of that theme.

Ahhhh, I see. :thumbup: But what if you already have a soap that fits the chosen theme perfectly? Will it matter when it was made?

Ahhhh, I see. :thumbup: But what if you already have a soap that fits the chosen theme perfectly? Will it matter when it was made?

Who would know ;) Of course I would prefer to pick a topic obscure enough to make that unlikely, but I'm up for whatever the group decides. Another option would be a compromise, whereby everyone submits their best 2014 Chrismas/Holiday soap in the next couple of weeks, then we pick a more avant garde challenge after first of the year.

OK, I'll post the topic in the Photo Gallery and when you have made your Christmas themed soap for 2014, just post it in that thread. It's not a competition, anyone can join in the fun and post a photo.

Back